04 February 2014

Qatar Airways CEO assesses A350 progress; “I am pleased with what I have seen during my visit."



Qatar Airways CEO, Akbar Al Baker, visited Airbus' facilities in Toulouse to get first-hand information on the A350 programme's progress.



During his site-tour, Mr Al Baker unveiled Airbus’ newest flight test aircraft MSN4, branded with a special 'launch customer' livery. The aircraft will soon join the A350 flight test fleet for external noise and lightning tests, avionics development & certification and training for first customer pilots & maintenance teams. 




Qatar Airways CEO, Akbar Al Baker, together with Fabrice Brégier, Airbus president and CEO and Didier Evrard, executive vice president, head of A350 XWB program.

“I am pleased with what I have seen during my visit. It gives me every confidence that the programme is well on track for our first delivery in 2014. At Qatar Airways, we are eager to open a new chapter of efficient and comfortable air travel and the A350 XWB will do this for us. The aircraft will give us that extra edge in economics and comfort to further boost our route expansion.” commented Akbar Al Baker.
Airbus and Qatar Airways are working closely together to ensure a successful entry-into-service of this all-new aircraft from day one. 



Based on the press release "First-hand A350 XWB experience"

No comments:

Post a Comment