Cathay Pacific has placed an order for 21 Boeing 777-9X aircraft, with deliveries to take place between 2021 and 2024. The aircraft are worth $7.5 billion at list prices, said the Oneworld carrier in a statement.
“The 777-300ER has done a super job for us – indeed, Cathay Pacific is now the second largest operator of this type – and we are delighted to be an early customer for this next generation of the aircraft.”
Cathay Pacific operates 38 Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, and has another 12 on order. The carrier also has orders for 26 Airbus A350-1000s, and 22 A350-900s.
- Lufthansa: 25 orders for A350-900
- Ethiad Airways: 40 orders for A350-900 and 22 orders for A350-1000
- Qatar Airways: 43 orders for A350-900 and 37 orders for A350-1000
- Emirates: 50 orders for A350-900 and 20 orders for A350-1000
- Cathay Pacific: 22 orders for A350-900 and 26 orders for A350-1000
Based on the article “Cathay orders 21 777-9Xs” published in FlightGlobal